Pub Quiz Questions
You can also see some questions with a special Easter theme online.
- Which deaf, dumb and blind kid, sure played mean pinball?
- Which writing partnership created South Pacific and The King and I?
Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein
- Which actor, comedian, author and director became a
millionaire before the age of thirty because of the popularity of his
rewrite for the musical Me and My Girl?
- My Fair Lady took its premise from which George Bernard Shaw play?
- Which musical takes place in Mr Mushkins florist, and is the only film in which Steve Martin is showed dying?
Little Shop of Horrors
- What is the next line to this song:
Don't get strung out By the way that I look //
Don't judge a book By it's cover.//
I'm not much Of a man, By the light of day; //
But by night I'm one hell of a lover.
I'm a sweet transvestite
- Name four of the seven Von Trapp Children from the Sound of Music.
Four of: Liesl, Freidrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta, Gretl
- Which popstar had a cover of his song Diamond Dogs and a lyric
sampled for the Elephant Love Medley, as well as singing 'Nature Boy' on the CD soundtrack for Moulin Rouge!?
- Which musical, produced by Cameron Mackintosh includes the lyric:
Master of the house //
Doling out the charm //
Ready with a handshake //
And an open palm.
- Marni Nixon, was called in to dub the singing of the lead female
roles in which two 1960s screen adaptations of musicals which both won Oscars for:
Best director, Best Sound, Best Picture, Best music, Best Costume design,
Best art direction and Best Cinematography.
My Fair Lady and West Side Story
- There are currently five Blue Peter presenters; name any four. (accept first names)
Four of: Konnie Huq, Simon Thomas, Matt Baker, Liz Barker and Zoe Salmon
- On which show would you find Ray, the Doc, Holly and Stephen?
Ministry of Mayhem
- What are the first names of the Chuckle Brothers - the comic geniuses behind the show 'Chucklevision'?
Barry and Paul
- Which show do Ellie, Lizo, Laura, Thalia, Lizzie, Adam and Rachel present?
- Who was Ash's first Pokemon?
- Sam and Mark co-host Top of the Pops Saturday with Fearne Cotton. Where did they first find fame?
They came third and second in Pop Idol 2
- Which 1986 animated film featured the voices of Leonard Nimoy and Orson Wells? Eric Idle also voiced in the movie as the character Wreck-Gar.
Transformers: The Movie (Leonard Nimoy voiced Galvatron, Orson Wells voiced Unicron)
- What are the full names (first and surnames) of the idiotic pair living 'in da bungalow'?
Richard McCourt and Dominic Wood
- Which 'engine man' appears on a show with Jollop and Dan?
Benjy (in Engie Benjy)
- Who presents the show 'Art Attack'?
- Pardonnez-moi, monsieur
- Wait 'till I have finished my problem!
Archimedes of Syracuse
- Friends applaud, the comedy is over
Ludwig van Beethoven
- Why not? After all, it belongs to him
- Bugger Bognor
- Hold the cross high so I may see it through the flames!
Joan of Arc
- Go on, get out! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!
- God bless you, Hardy
- Here's to my love! O true apothecary!
Romeo (from Romeo and Juliet)
- You cursed brat. Look what you've done. I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness.
The Wicked Witch of the West (film, not book)
- How many legs does a butterfly have?
- Ayers Rock is in which Australian State?
- How many possible opening moves are there in a game of draughts?
- What is the most common pub name in England?
The Red Lion
- George is an informal name for what feature of an aircraft?
The automatic pilot
- Who had a 1999 number one single with Blue (Da Ba Dee)?
- What fruit flavour is used in crepe suzette?
- Who plays 'Ice' in the film Top Gun?
- In which century was the Taj Mahal built?
- True or false - the original name of 'Pepsi Cola' was 'Brad's Drink'?
- Peter the Great of Russia, disliked Moscow so much, that he built a new city, on the Baltic Coast, despite it being dominated by another country. What was that Country?
- The capital of British India was moved to New Delhi in 1911. Which city was New Delhi located near?
- Which country has moved its capital to the planned city of Putrajaya, about 25km from the previous capital?
- In which decade did Canberra become the Australian Capital?
- South Africa has a legislative capital, an administrative capital and a judicial capital. Name two of the three capitals.
Legislative: Cape Town; Administrative: Pretoria; Judicial: Bloemfontein
- The capital cities of Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, and Belgrade all have what in common?
- The first bomb dropped by the allies in WW2, killed which animal in Berlin zoo?
- Where was the first University on the American continent founded?
Mexico City (built in 1551)
- Which capital city, built between 1956 and 1960 became a world heritage site in 1987?
- Over 850,000 people are employed in call centres in which Western European capital, which hosts 600 hen and stag parties each weekend?
Name the film from the Movie Tagline.
- Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
The Shawshank Redemption
- Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get
- Grab shell dude!
- All will be sacrificed... All will be lost... Unless all unite against evil!
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- All women keep score... Only the great ones put it in writing
Bridget Jones' Diary
- It is only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found
A Beautiful Mind
- Truth - Beauty - Freedom - Love
- It's time for a second helping
American Pie 2
- Let the magic begin
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- The greatest fairy tale never told